the first steps
Find out which school your kid/s is expected to attend. This is based upon your home address. Contact Pupil Assignment at 904 390 2144 to identify your child's school. Visit this school during school hours. If school is not in
session, please call ahead to verify the school office is open. For more information, call Pupil Assignment at 904 390 2144.
Kindergarten And First Grade
Florida Law requires that a child must have successfully completed kindergarten in order to be eligible for first grade. Children may enter kindergarten if they will be five years old on or before September first. Children may enter first grade if they will be six years old on or before September 1, and have successfully completed kindergarten. All children who will be six years old by February 1 must attend school.
Entering Kindergarten Or First Grade
- A certified birth record, which includes:
- The original certified birth record
- Duly attested transcript of the child's birth record filed according to law by a public officer charged with recording births
- Duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism, accompanied by a sworn affidavit by the parents
- Insurance policy on the child's life that has been in force for at least two years
- Bona fide contemporary Bible record of the child's birth, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parents
- Passport or certificate of arrival in the United States showing the age of the child; or transcript of record of age shown in the child's school record of a least four years prior to application and stating the date of birth